MVC Turbine is a plugin for ASP.NET MVC that has IoC baked in and auto-wires controllers, binders, view engines, http modules, etc. that reside within your application. Thus you worry more about what your application should do, rather than how it should do it.
- Visual Studio 2008 Solution Templates for IoCs
- Castle Windsor
- New runtime framework that allows extensibility
- Blades (components) that are auto-registered and loaded at runtime.
- Introduced the Core Blades to setup the basic runtime of an MVC application:
- MvcBlade — wiring for MVC related components (Controllers, View Engines, etc).
- WebBlade — wiring for System.Web components (IHttpModule, etc.).
- RoutingBlade — wiring for the IRouteConfigurator implementation.
- RotorContext that works with the Blades to setup the runtime.
- Auto-registration of View Engines (VE)
- Auto-registratrion of MVC Filters to support constructor injection.
- Added new InjectableFilter attribute to associate a filter to an action.
- Added support for IActionFilter, IAuthorizationFilter, IErrorFilter and IResultFilter
- Added new IFilterableModelBinder interface, that inherits from IModelBinder and provides the SupportModelType method to see if the ViewModel type is supported by the custom IModelBinder.
- InferredViewResult handles inferred actions and reports HTTP 404 for missing actions.
- Works with ASP.NET MVC in Mono
To download and try and documentation visit MVC Turbine on Code Plex