May 14, 2014
.NET, .NET Framework, .NET Framework 4.5.2, Azure SDK, Microsoft, SQL Server 2014, Trial Downloads, Updates, Visual Studio 2013, VisualStudio, VS2013, Windows, Windows 8, Windows 8 apps development, Windows 8.1, Windows Azure Development, Windows Phone, Windows Phone 8, Windows Phone 8.0 SDK, Windows Phone Development, Windows Phone Store, Windows Store, Windows Store Development, Windowz Azure, XBOX Development
Microsoft has released the latest update for Visual Studio 2013 with major improvements including support for developing Universal apps for Windows 8.x, Win Phone, and XBOX.
Here are the list of improvements included as part of the release(lending from Visual Studio team blog):
Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 has many new capabilities as well as fixes that address bugs, customer feedback, performance, and reliability improvements. Here are some new capabilities that are part of this and related Updates and links to where you can find more info.
- Universal Apps. With this release you can now build universal apps that can run on Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 while sharing code and assets through shared projects.
- Web Tool. Our web development tools have many new features like SCSS support, a new JSON editor, updated ASP.NET templates, and an improved URL picker.
- Azure tools. It’s easier to take advantage of Azure with options to create websites and SQL Azure databases directly on Azure for simpler deployment to a development / testing environment.
- Diagnostics. Our diagnostics tools also got some enhancements. Performance events now let you navigate to user code for MVC Methods or jump to the SQL command for database queries. It is also possible to view the Windows Store diagnostics tools at the same time to see all your diagnostics information on a shared timeline.
- Slipstream install. You can download Visual Studio with all its latest features from one install that includes Visual Studio 2013 RTM and Update 2 for Visual Studio.
There are a number of other important updates that are available today in addition to Update 2 for Visual Studio 2013:
- A cloud optimized .NET. The latest updates to the framework provide a cloud optimized mode that is smaller, lighter weight, and designed for cloud and server workloads.
- .Net vNext. This update to the .Net framework is optimized for cloud-first and mobile-first development. It enables you to compile C# 6 and VB code with Roslyn compilers, speed up Windows Store apps with the .NET Native ahead of time compiler, and has a cloud optimized mode for ASP.NET apps.
- TFS 2013 Update 2. It’s worth mentioning again the updates in TFS 2013 like improvements for tagging, charting, shared parameters, cloud load testing application analytics, and a lot more.
Check out Somasegar’s Blog and Brian Harry’s Blog to get more details on some of the highlights in this release. For a quick view at all the features and fixes included in this update go to the KB article.
Visual Studio 2013 – Update 2 (Web / ISO)
April 30, 2013
.NET, .NET Framework, AppFabric, Azure, Azure SDK, Azure Tools, Cloud Computing, Cloud Services, KnowledgeBase, Media Services, Microsoft, Microsoft SDKs, Mobile Services, SQL Azure, VisualStudio, VS2010, VS2012, Windows, Windows Azure, Windows Azure Development, Windows Azure Training Kit, Windowz Azure
Latest version of Windows Azure SDK for .NET – Version 2.0 released by Microsoft.
DOWNLOAD: Windows Azure SDK for .NET 2.0 (Offline Installer)
Recommended: Instead of manually downloading the files from above link, it is recommended you use the automated one-click install provided by the Web Platform Installer x64 or x86.
Click on the appropriate install link below based on your version of Visual Studio:
DOWNLOAD: Windows Azure Training Kit – April 2013
August 15, 2012
.NET, .NET Framework, All, AppFabric, Azure, Azure SDK, Azure Tools, Cloud Computing, HotFixes, Media Services, Microsoft, Microsoft SDKs, SQL Azure, VisualStudio, VS2010, VS2012, Windows, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windowz Azure
Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio extend Visual Studio 2010 SP1/ Visual Studio 2012(RTM) to enable the creation, configuration, building, debugging, running, packaging and deployment of scalable web applications and services on Windows Azure.
Version: 1.7 SP1 (1.7.1)
Date published: 8/10/2012
1. Click on the appropriate install link below based on your version of Visual Studio:
You can install everything you need for Windows Azure development using the Web Platform Installer
a. Installer for VS 2010 SP1
b. Installer for VS 2012 (RTM) – it will not work with pre-release versions of VS2012.
2. You can also automate the installation with the WebPICmd Command-Line Tool using the AppID:
WindowsAzureToolsVS2010_1_7_1 (for Visual Studio 2010 SP1)
WindowsAzureToolsVS2012 (for Visual Studio 2012 – RTM) – it will not work with pre-release versions of VS2012.
3. Manual install by downloading appropriate installable from Microsoft Download Center:
Note: This software release is intended for VS 2010 SP1 and VS 2012 RTM. The files on this release will not work with any pre-release versions of VS 2012.
Source: Microsoft Download Center
June 8, 2012
.NET, .NET Framework, All, AppFabric, ASP.NET MVC, Azure, Azure SDK, Cloud Computing, Cloud Services, Media Services, Microsoft, Microsoft SDKs, SQL Azure, ToolKits, Visual Studio SDK, VisualStudio, VS11, VS2010, VS2012, WCF, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Phone, Windowz Azure
Microsoft has made significant changes to existing Windows Azure to make it more user friendly and customer friendly. The new Windows Azure was officially released in an online event Meet Windows Azure (MeetWindowsAzure.com) , in this event ScottGu(Microsoft VP) has walked us through the new Windows Azure features.
You can have a quick look at ScottGu’s blog for interesting features available in new Windows Azure.
Development Tools and How to’s for different programming languages
Recommend reading Phani Kumar’s blog on Windows Azure http://allthingsazure.com/
, is a good repository of latest information on Windows Azure.
That’s all for now.
March 13, 2011
.NET, All, Azure, Azure SDK, Azure Tools, General, Microsoft, Microsoft SDKs, VisualStudio, VS2010, Windowz Azure
Microsoft has released latest version of Windows Azure SDK and Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio – Version 1.4.
Windows Azure SDK 1.4 Refresh is primarily a stability release addressing the below issues.
- Resolved an issue that caused full IIS fail when the web.config file was set to read-only.
- Resolved an issue that caused full IIS packages to double in size when packaged.
- Resolved an issue that caused a full IIS web role to recycle when the diagnostics store was full.
- Resolved an IIS log file permission Issue which caused diagnostics to be unable to transfer IIS logs to Windows Azure storage.
- Resolved an issue preventing csupload to run on x86 platforms.
- User errors in the web.config are now more easily diagnosable.
- Enhancements to improve the stability and robustness of Remote Desktop to Windows Azure Roles.
Download the Windows Azure Tools and SDK 1.4
Courtesy : Microsoft Download Center
December 1, 2010
.NET, .NET Framework, All, Azure, Azure SDK, Azure Tools, General, Microsoft, Microsoft SDKs, VisualStudio, Windowz Azure
Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio, which includes the Windows Azure SDK, extends Visual Studio 2010 to enable the creation, configuration, building, debugging, running, packaging and deployment of scalable web applications and services on Windows Azure.
New for version 1.3:
- Virtual Machine (VM) Role (Beta):Allows you to create a custom VHD image using Windows Server 2008 R2 and host it in the cloud.
- Remote Desktop Access: Enables connecting to individual service instances using a Remote Desktop client.
- Full IIS Support in a Web role: Enables hosting Windows Azure web roles in a IIS hosting environment.
- Elevated Privileges: Enables performing tasks with elevated privileges within a service instance.
- Virtual Network (CTP): Enables support for Windows Azure Connect, which provides IP-level connectivity between on-premises and Windows Azure resources.
- Diagnostics: Enhancements to Windows Azure Diagnostics enable collection of diagnostics data in more error conditions.
- Networking Enhancements: Enables roles to restrict inter-role traffic, fixed ports on InputEndpoints.
- Performance Improvement: Significant performance improvement local machine deployment.
Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio also includes:
- C# and VB Project creation support for creating a Windows Azure Cloud application solution with multiple roles.
- Tools to add and remove roles from the Windows Azure application.
- Tools to configure each role.
- Integrated local development via the compute emulator and storage emulator services.
- Running and Debugging a Cloud Service in the Development Fabric.
- Browsing cloud storage through the Server Explorer.
- Building and packaging of Windows Azure application projects.
- Deploying to Windows Azure.
- Monitoring the state of your services through the Server Explorer.
- Debugging in the cloud by retrieving IntelliTrace logs through the Server Explorer.
Download Windows Azure SDK and Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio (November 2010)
Download : Windows Azure Platform Training Kit – November Update
Courtesy: Microsoft Download Center