Google Android Developer team has released version 1.0 of new IDE for developing Android apps. The new IDE is based on popular IntelliJIDEA platform(Community Edition) and Google Android is moving away from Eclipse based IDE for developing Android Mobile Apps.
Developers who willing to develop Android mobile apps should try the new IDE, and for existing developers Eclipse IDE based ADT plugin would be available for some time. Going forward Android Team would freeze releasing updates for ADT Plugin.
Android Studio 1.0 offers following features:
- Flexible Gradle-based build system
- Build variants and multiple
- Code templates to help you build common app features
- Rich layout editor with support for drag and drop theme editing
- Lint tools to catch performance, usability, version compatibility, and other problems
- ProGuard and app-signing capabilities
- Built-in support for Google Cloud Platform, making it easy to integrate Google Cloud Messaging and App Engine
- And much more
You can download Android Studio 1.0 for Windows, Linux and Mac
Read more from: