Microsoft has today released the final version of Internet Explorer(IE) 9.0.
The version number of the final build would be 9.0.8112.16421 (RTW – Release to Web).
New features that make its appearance in IE9 include:
- Streamlined design with compact user interface.
- Pinned Sites for accessing frequently visited web pages directly from the taskbar on Windows 7 desktop.
- Download Manager with ability to pause and restart a download.
- Enhanced tabs browsing with ability to tear-off tabs out of Internet Explorer to open the tab’s webpage in a new window, and snap tabs for side-by-side viewing.
- New Tab page with listing of most often and frequently visited webpages.
- Search in the address bar with search suggestions support.
- Notification Bar appears at the bottom of Internet Explorer.
- Add-on Performance Advisor
- GPU hardware acceleration to speed up graphics-heavy tasks like video streaming or online gaming.
- Tracking Protection to limit the browser’s communication with certain websites to help keep information private.
- ActiveX Filtering.
People who is intending to install IE9 should take note the following items:
- IE9 is not supported on Windows XP, and hence not available for Windows XP.
Download the IE 9 from Microsoft Download Center
- Windows Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista SP2 and Windows Server 2008 SP2.
- Windows Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista SP2 64-bit edition and Windows Server 2008 SP2 64-bit edition.
- Windows Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 64-bit edition, Windows 7 SP1 64-bit edition, Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit edition and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 64-bit edition.
- Windows Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 and Windows 7 SP1 .
Courtesy : My Digital Life & Microsoft Download Center