Microsoft has announced the availability of first release candidate (RC) of Azure DevOps Server 2019. The Azure DevOps Server(previously TFS/Team Foundation Server) delivers the Azure DevOps Services optimized for customers who prefer to self-host these devops services on-premises.
Key Features included/improved :
- Branding Changes
- Azure DevOps Server includes support for Azure SQL in addition to existing SQL Server support.
- New release management interface from Azure DevOps (Cloud Server) is also included.
- Azure DevOps Server Express – Free version for individuals and small teams.
- Azure DevOps Server – enterprise grade version with more seats.
Upgrading from TFS :
- TFS 2012 and above: A direct upgrade to Azure DevOps Server is possible.
- TFS 2010 or lower: Perform interim steps before upgrading to Azure DevOps Server 2019.
- Azure DevOps Server 2019 RC1 includes a go-live license making it suitable for production use right away.
- Microsoft is looking for feedbacks though to incorporate in future RC’s